Old April 18th, 2007, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Evert

Default 'Australia for dummies' does not exist. What to read instead?

On Apr 18, 9:03 am, "gerrit" wrote:
"Evert" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all!

There is no book about Australia in the Dummies series, unfortunately.
What can I read instead? I am looking for something written in the
same style/wording as the travel books in the Dummies series...

Greetings,
Evert

You don't need to be a dummy to come here.
Just ask the usual questions on rec.trave.australia+nz
Like:

1 I have one week in Australia and want to drive from Sideny to Ayers Rock
and then to Cairns and back to Sideny. What is the cheapest hire car?
2 I am coming in January want to go hiking near Alice Springs, where can I
get a Australian farmhand singlet to wear?

All joking aside just buy a Lonely Planet they are written in normal English
so most people can understand them, and they are pretty good too.
Also get yourself a large wall map and measure the distances.
And ask us any questions you want, but do some homework first.

Thanks :-)

Well, I will be coming in 2 months, with Melbourne as my 'base'.
Luckily we have an 'on-site expert' (the sister of my partner), who
studies there. More at http://evert.meulie.net/category/per...007/melbourne/

The main reason I specifically was looking for a Dummies book is that
I really enjoy the way they're written... :-)

But I will keep you to your word and if there's any questions that
bubble up in the coming 2 months I will post them here

Thanks again!

Evert Meulie