Old August 26th, 2008, 05:15 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.caribbean
Gerald Oliver Swift

Default .and a cast of thousands

"Alan S" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Icono Clast
wrote:

On Aug 25, 4:55 am, Icono Clast wrote:
[Please note cross-posts.]
I have prepared a an adjusted ranking of the top 23 medal-winning
countries that might be available this time tomorrow. Jamaica is
Number One, the USA 19, and China last.

http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/Olymp08.pdf

Considering that I don't particularly want to live in the
Caribbean, and looking at #2, I think it's a great way of
listing the results:-)

What surprised me looking at medals won v population statistics, was that
Pakistan (who are quite a "sporty" nation - cricket, squash, hockey, etc.)
won no medals whatsoever.

Gerry