Old November 25th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Paul Sperry

Default Saba

In article , Rich Cacace
wrote:

Has anyone ever stopped at Saba or for that matter taken a land vacation
there. It looked like an interesting island when we passed it, but I was
wondering what there was to do there since it didn't look like there were
any beaches.

I've spent a week on Saba on two separate trips. I like it - you either
love it or are bored cross-eyed.

What to do? Not much. Dive (I'm not a diver but it is supposed to be
first class). Hike. Veg out. I've read good reports about half day
tours.

No beaches.

You get there from St. Maarten by air or boat - I say air. I don't
think you will "stop" there since there is poor anchorage even for
small yachts.

--
Paul Sperry
Columbia, SC (USA)