Old February 8th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Benjamin Smith

Default American Queen Review Detail (very long)

Charles wrote:

In article .net,
Benjamin Smith wrote:

This cruise sounds good to me except for

That sounded good to you?

Yes. It's close to what my wife and I are looking for. We don't care if
the staterooms are kind of small, we'll deal with the poor soundproofing
for 7 nights, and I think the 7 nighters will have more jazz after
dinner. We like singalongs. We want to go on the big band jazz cruise,
and if the folks are mature on the ship, they'll know the dances and
it'll be the music of their youth. There's other stuff like the calliope
playing, the sound and feel of the sternwheeler, the playing of classic
movies, that we're interested in as well. There's little in the contents
of this review that turns us off. I think it is a plus that the boat
feels authentic and is maintained well. Dining food good, another check.

Most people that sail on these steamboats are looking for the type of
cruise that is described. Wasn't a good fit for Odysseus, but it seems
for most of the people sailing on the steamboats, it's a good fit.

Ben