Old February 8th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Odysseus

Default American Queen Review Detail (very long)

American Queen, November 2003

Odysseus,

Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your
experience.
I have often considered the possibility of taking an historic river trip,
but your description confirms my worst suspicions.

Most of the passengers enjoyed the cruise. There are plenty of repeat
cruisers. Delta Queen does a very good job of catering to their market.
It's just that I am not in that market. I like Las Vegas style shows,
European cuisine, formal service, and a cosmopolitan ambiance.

I enjoyed the historical component of the steamboat. For me, it was the
high point of the cruise. The high point of the trip, however, was the
pre-cruise package, three nights on Bourbon Street.