Old January 9th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Heikki Kantola

Default Trip Report (Very long) -- 5 days over Christmas 2003 in Olos, Finnish Lapland

Ian informed
rec.travel.europe with the following:
[...]
by side, and wardrobes and widescreen TV. The only English speaking
channels were MTV and a BBC World channel, so we didn't watch much TV.

I think it is worth a mention, that Finnish channels broadcast quite a
lot of programmes from English language countries and most are shown
with subtitles, usually only children's programs and some documents
are dubbed.

Back onto the coach for the journey back to the hotel. Our guide told
us that the temperature had climbed to an unseasonal -6 degrees, and
it was still snowing.

I want to mention that in southern Finland temperature went above 0°C
on that Christmas day, which meant that snow cover was almost gone few
days later. Even as only the previous Monday there was blizzard, which
brought quite a lot snow and caused severe interruptions to train and
road travel. :-\

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola,
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan