Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Robert J Carpenter

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
oups.com...

I recall I also have read that some
starting-out airline pilots at Atlantic Southeast (?) are getting

circa
$50,000 more or less.

Lucky stiffs. I can't find the web site for a link I want, but
first-year First Officiers are more likely in the $35000 region. That
even applies to the Big Airlines. There's a big jump after the first
year on many lines.

The following site shows comparisons by plane type and a pilot's
experience - but it starts with 3rd year first officiers. The "hours"
is hours per month.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/c...section/11/91/

These numbers are likely from before the recent pay concessions.

Southwest shows the highest pay among 737 operators, partly because
the high-seniority pilots on other airlines move to larger planes.
Southwest has no larger planes. In any case a top WN captain will be
maing in the visinity of $180000. While not shown, they also pay
better (less poorly) than many for first year copilots.