Old March 21st, 2009, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt[_2_]

Default Hotel Deposit - Terracotta Resort, Mui Ne, Vietnam

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 01:56:23 GMT, "Sharkbait"
wrote:

We were thinking about booking a hotel in Mui Ne, Vietnam (Terracotta
Resort) around mid December. I inquired about their deposit and
cancellation policy and they responded with 50% deposit now and cancellation
within 30 days of arrival. While I can almost stomach a 30-day cancellation
policy to get my money back, is anyone seeing 50% deposit 9 months out?
Hell, I might give them one night's stay 30 days out but 9 months?

It sounds like you're trying to book directly with the hotel. You
could try some of the online hotel reservation services. They might
have different cancellation terms.

As a general rule, the lower the price you pay the harsher the
cancellation policies. The lowest prices often require that you pay in
full at the time of booking.

Chris