Old April 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Anyone from abroad bought a car in the USA and got insurance

I suppose that the simple solution is to come via Mexico and buy a car
there. There doesn't appear to be any problem bringing mexican
registered cars into the US. I suspect that there is a market for US
insurance for foreign nationals at that border just as there is for US
nationals going to Mexico. FFM

dismum wrote:
the trouble with a florida license is that if you are a visitor there it
only lasts as long as your visit and can take up to 2 weeks to arrive by
which time most visitors have left the state.If you are planning to have
the car simply as a means to travel during a regular holiday then forget
it as the inbsurance is prohibitive.I know because as a home owner there
from the uk i have looked into getting a license and car.