Old December 29th, 2012, 11:25 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,alt.horror,rec.travel.europe
Planet Visitor II[_3_]

Default British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:49:09 GMT, (Cassandra) wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 01:21:20 -0500, Planet Visitor II
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:14:00 GMT,
(Cassandra) wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:27:40 -0500, Planet Visitor II
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:44:53 -0800 (PST), mg wrote:

On Dec 27, 1:25*pm, ???????? wrote:
British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings

"...Violent crimes haven’t gone away with the UK’s gun control.
They’ve actually gone up. Britons suffer 1,158,957 violent crimes per
year, which works out at 2,034 per 100,000 residents. The U.S.,
meanwhile, has a rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, which is
lower than France’s, at 504..."

google it for source

The murder rate for the U.S. is 4.2 per 100,000. For the U.K., it's
only 1.2. Here's the murder rate for some selected countries:

So we can ignore a violent attack such as rape or assault that causes extensive
physical harm does not end up as murder??

As the US rates for these are also terrible compared to the civilised
parts of the World, its best to keep it quiet about it.

But the UK rates are higher for violent crime. See --
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html

And no, Cassandra... I will not let you carry my child in your womb, no matter how much
you beg me.

The fact you quote the Daily Mail as truth shows a grasp of the
British media as poor as the NRAs grasp on reality.

No problem, sweetie... Here's exactly the same article. Take your pick --

How about the Telegraph? See --
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...tas-study.html
How about the BBC? See --
How about the Sun? See --
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-than-US.html

The Independent also carries the article but one has to pay to see it stay on screen. See -
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/br...s-1177553.html

The fact is that 111 out of every 1,000 people in London were the victims of crime last
year. That's more than one out of every 10 people. Think about it. And the victims are
not the rich, or even the well-off. The victims are the lower middle-class and the poor.
If you are British... you should be ashamed of the fact that 1.11 our of every TEN people
in London have been the victim of a crime.

Planet Visitor II