Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Blondee_yvr

Default To Tip or Not Tip at an AI

I was at another site that asked this question. I was surprised of
those that replied (10 posts), most tipped at an AI.
Some of the reasons given we

1. I tipped from the heart
2. Mexican workers at the resort work very hard and get paid very
little
3. The maid made swans out of towels in my room
4. Employees don't get any tips from management even though the hotel
has it included in the price

I was also surprised to read that one poster was very very generous in
his tipping. He tipped about $15/day. This is even more than what is
recommended to tip on a cruiseship like Royal Caribbean and Princess.

I also read how one guest asked an employee what's the best way of
rewarding an employee for doing a good job and the employee responded
by saying "tell the manager".

I am just curious to hear the comments on the subject as people still
tend to tip at an AI.