Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Vikings are Back

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Food? IMO... now pretty much worse than both RCI and NCL food, which I
don't care for. Lots of really weird items on the buffets and dinner menus.
Lots of scallops, muscles, etc. Not my cup of tea. Steaks sent back. Fish
that smelled "fishy". Beef tenderloin that didn't even taste like beef (I
just ate the veggies that night). Excellent pizza. Excellent cold seafood
buffet the first evening. Lobster seemed OK. Not crisp, but not mushy
either. Veal chop in Sabbitinis that was fatty. Fillet in Crown Grill that
came out overcooked (ordered medium, came out well done) but still tender.
Neither specialty restaurant seemed worth the money.

I think the food was better than RCI food and NCL food. Also I like
scallops and mussels. I liked the Veal Chop at Sabatinis. Everyone who
had the Lobster at Sabatinis which I did not care for last August liked
it. Go figure. Food can be somewhat subjective. This time everyone at
out table at the Crown Grill who had the Porterhouse said it was great.
In August I thought it was a bit tough. This time I had the Filet
Mignon and it was pretty good. I ordered medium rare and it was right.

--
Charles