Old May 12th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Howie

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

strawberry icecream wrote:
Howie wrote in
:

strawberry icecream wrote:

the best areas seem to be Magnetic island off western australia..and
Madeira island off Portugal.

Been to Madeira. It is really lovely, but kind of dull.

Howie, I am glad that you said that...my dentist told me, a few weeks
ago, that he didn't like the people on Madeira.

He has been all over the world....but said that the folks on Madeira
were very cold.

I didn't have any problem with the people on Madeira. When I said it
was dull, I meant that there didn't seem to be much to do. But it is
really unfair of me to make this observation because although I have
been there three times, it's only been for one day at a time, while my
ship was in port. In fact, on my first visit, all I did was sit in a
Funchal cafe and drink some really fine coffee.

Howie

But I always loved the idea of southern CA.

Weather is near perfect, but earthquakes and high prices are real
downside.

very true.

The west coast is so expensive compared to the east coast of the usa.

Funny enough, any tv travel program here in the UK, or magazine, ALWAYS
focuses on Florida.

And so many folks here are taken in.

Whewwww.....I would hate to be living in that heat and humidity.