Old August 29th, 2004, 02:51 PM
nobody

Where are you going on Safari depends on what you need to bring. In South
Africa you can get everything including plug adaptors and cheaper clothing
than in the (UK?) whereas in Tanzania you may not be able to,

Wherever it is DO NOT take dark clothes unless you want to cook in them.
TAKE LIGHT COLOURED CLOTHES. Khaki is your best colour as it shows the dirt
least of all of the light colours. Don't arrive in your Big Game outfit
with Pith Helmet unless you want to be the laughing stock of the locals.

Also depending where you are going, wear long sleeves and trousers with
shoes and socks at night as mosquitoes like a juicy ankle and they come to
feed out mostly at dawn and dusk.

As far as night attire is concerned, where and when are you going?

"George Thomson" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

I think I remember about a year ago someone posting a list of the things

take on safari, also the what you can and cant get things, Like

Batteries
Film
Plugs 240v? what sort of adaptors
Clothes... do you need something warm at night?
I think I also remember some one saying dark colours are best???