Old November 16th, 2007, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Calif Bill

Default An American's Impressions

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Frank Slootweg wrote:
wrote:
We have just returned from our 3 week cruise-tour of Australia and New
Zealand. W
Great report and thanks!!

I live in the States and have never been to Aussie land
but want to someday

A warning: Only do it if you can afford to come back!
Our once-in-a-lifetime trip to Australia was in 1995. Next year we
will go on our seventh-in-a-lifetime one! :-) It's a sickness and -
luckily - there's no cure. So don't say 'we' didn't warn you!

What will keep it a "once in a lifetime" trip for us is the plane ride.
Don't think we can handle that again.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Just a long flight. I think 2nd longest timewise in the world is Sidney -
LAX. You can have my quota of Vegemite. I used to travel to Oz on
business. Business Class eases the flight time. One trip to Hong Kong /
Singapore / Sydney and took the wife. She said it would be good to get to
Oz, and be able to understand the speech better. She changed her mind when
she got there. Said was easier in Asia to understand the English. Have not
been back for a lot of years now, and am planning a trip to NZ and
Queensland next year. Get to see the Great Barrier Reef and do some diving
there. Business, you only get to see a town for a couple of days when you
are there, so get limited sightseeing. So not counting on Perth and Sydney
this trip. What to do for a week in the Cairns / Port Douglas area for a
week? Or schedule 4 days and more other places.