Old April 19th, 2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

Default Eurostar to Paris

"Spencer" wrote in message

I plan to travel from London to Paris on a Sunday in September. I will
arrive in London, ex Oxford, about 11am and see there are Eurostar trains
at 12.02, 12.29 and 13.00. I wonder if is necessary to book in advance or
just get to St Pancras as quickly as possible and buy a ticket then? Are
there any cost advantages either way?
Any comments will be appreciated.

I would never just turn up at a station to get any train without having made
a reservation, let alone for an international service. What on earth would
the benefits be?

In any event, the cheapest tickets are always the ones paid for in advance.
If you just turn up you would probably have to pay full price. Buy them now
online then relax, safe in the knowledge that your trip is booked.

Ian