Old April 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default trip to usa december/january

"cora" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well this isn't a new subject, but I have more questions and don't now
how to continue on without starting a new topic - Can anyone help???
Niagara Falls in december - to go or not to go. does anyone else have
an opinion

Go. The falls in winter are much less crowded with tourists
and most of the more blatant commercial absurdities are closed.
If its really cold the ice formations can be amazing

I really really want to go to the amish dfistrict in pennyslvania and
thought we could stop there for a night or 2 on our way to Niagara
Falls.

Not a bad idea, alternatives include one of the Adirondack ski resorts
or the delightful town of Niagara On The Lake (on the Canadian side)

http://www.niagaraonthelake.com/even...o?f=2006-12-01

Keith