Old December 9th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Navigator of the Seas - My Thoughts

Tom & Linda wrote:

The Dungeon - strange. Never went there other than looking around the
first day. Looks like something Farcus would design. Not my thing at
all.

What is the Dungeon??

Solarium Pool - by definition isn't it supposed to have a cover? Well
it doesn't. What's the point of having a solarium pool without a
cover? There was almost no one ever there. To me, the best solariums
are ones like on Grandeur and Galaxy where the roof can be opened or
closed.

Was there any other pool that had a cover? I loved the solarium on the
Splendor of the Seas.

Buffet Food - TOP notch for RCI. I was very impressed. They had almost
everything that Celebrity and Princess have except for the
crepes/blintzes and orange slices… they even had smoked salmon though it
basically had no taste. There wasn't a good selection of pastries, but
they did have fresh made omelets. I rated the buffet among the better
ones I've seen. On the 1-10 scale… I give it a good honest 8.

How would you compare it to the buffet we had on the Zenith?

Dinner in Dining Room - here's where we do a quick change of direction.
Only one way to describe the dining room food: Atrocious. I had one
excellent meal during the week - the fillet mignon the second night.
Other than that, the food was a waste. Poor quality ingredients, steaks
that were blood red and still tough as leather, fish that was horrible

This doesn't sound very encouraging. We will be sailing on the Rhapsody
in Feb and I hope the food in the dining room is better then what you
had. At least if the food isn't good, we will have good company. Hi Jean
and Lori!!

Tom, Thanks for the review. I am glad that you made it home safely.

sue