Old March 29th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Jean O'Boyle

Default Majesty of the Seas (Long Review)

Answered inline:
"mark hunacek" wrote in message
om...
My daughter and I recently finished a four-night
cruise on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas,
sailing from Miami to the Bahamas and Key West.

Thank you for an interesting review, Mark,
You did not mention if there were many young people onboard, especially
since it was during the month of spring breaks.

Embarkation was expidited in a timely fashion on both of our RCL cruises
this year. We also arrived around noon.

Also, one
thing that I didn't know before the cruise was that in
Key West nobody is allowed to leave the ship until
every single person has cleared customs.
Of course, on our cruise
there were, as I suspect there are on every cruise, a
couple of idiots who didn't follow directions and clear
customs when they were supposed to do so; they had to
be called by name on the PA system after delaying 2000
people from getting off the ship and enjoying the port.

That can be really annoying and seems to happen often then and at
disembarkation. When you worry about getting off in time to catch a flight,
it makes you wish that if a passenger does not respond to being paged on the
PA system, they should be fined ~ a set amount be charged to their shipboard
account for a set amount of time! ;-) Maybe that would make them hustle and
not hold others up. It is not like they don't have access to the house
phones on each deck if they are not answering the cabin phone and let the
pursers' desk know they are on their way. Sometimes the pages are reapeated
more than once or twice.

FOOD: The food gets an A+ for quantity and a B
for quality.

That seems to be the consensus of everyone sailing on RCL lately. With so
many feeling that way, I hope RCL hears it and does something about it as
their ships are lovely.

SUMMARY: I definitely prefer weeklong cruises to
four-night ones,

I agree, four days would seem like I just boarded and had to get off!

--Jean