Old April 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default London-Paris-Alps-Venice-Athens

On 04/04/2013 11:14 AM, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:23:35 +0200, Giovanni Drogo
wrote:
On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
I would drop Paris, fly from London to Milano (or similar) and

rent
the car there.

Why not Zurich then ? It will mean doing most of the trip north of

the
Alps, which is possible more scenic.

Because then you would be returning a Swiss car in Italy and get the
hefty one-way fee.

The one-way fees seem to be highly unpredictable. From what I have
heard, you may be in luck and the car rental station just happens to
have a car standing there which is registered in the country where you
are going to - in other words, you are transporting the car back home
for them. Otherwise, you could be charged for the cost of transporting
the car back to its country of origin, which could run into several
hundred Euros.