Old August 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
tim.....

Default Mozambique's Currency Laws

"Sapphyre" wrote in message
Hi,

I understand Mozambique currency is non-convertable and cannot be
removed from the country. (Can't be exchanged outside the country
either).

How heavily is this enforced? Will taking a few coins as a souvenir be
okay?

Will they get upset if they see I have coins from other countries I've
been to on my trip?

Such rules tend to be enforced by the banking system

There are usually no checks stopping you taking the money in and out of the
country, but you will find that nobody (official) wants to exchange it if
you do

tim