Old March 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Default Oakland to Whistler

On Feb 28, 10:19*pm, bob edwards wrote:
My ladyfriend and I are going to go from Oakland to Whistler in a few
months for a wedding and I'm trying to decide how we should go. *It
seems as if we have several options. We can fly to Vancouver via
Seattle and then take a train or rent a car and drive to Whistler or
we can fly to Seattle, rent a car and drive to Whistler from
Seattle.

My inclination would be to drive to Whistler from Seattle but I have
no idea how long a trip that would be or if we would encounter any
problem taking a rental car out of the US.

Advice please.

We usually fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive to Vancouver (three
hours). From Vancouver to Whistler is another 2 hours. No problem
taking a rental to Canada. Tell your rental company that you are
doing that. It's commonly done. Much cheaper tickets than flying to
Vancouver.