Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Mosquitoes in Italy

On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:34:13 PM UTC+1, poldy wrote:
Back years ago, one of the regular posters to a.t.e complained several
times about mosquitoes in Milan. I believe he was an Aussie who lived
there several years?

Been to different parts of Italy several times, though mostly in May and
early June.

Never encountered any problems with mosquitoes. Maybe a bite here or
there. Once in Venice, the place I stayed had those plug-in bug zappers
of some kind in the rooms.

But it was never the scourge that he made it sound like.

Is it worse in July and August?

Anyways, a place I booked in Pisa for an upcoming trip lists under
"Services" mosquito nets in all rooms.

It's kind of close to the Arno but really more the city center, chosen
for a one-night stay because of proximity to the train station than
anything else.

This would be the first time I encounter mosquito nets in ... well
anywhere. Made me think of those posts.

Same here, never a problem in Italy, and we've often visited the outlying marshy Venetian islands, too.
Was surprised some years ago when we had to have malaria tablets for Turkey (Side)! But never a bite.
And malaria tablets were obviously a must for my trips to Nigeria - but never a bite there either!
We did suffer badly years back in Rafina, near Athens, so it's not as if I have any particular immunity!