Old October 30th, 2007, 06:30 AM posted to rec.arts.dance,rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

Default Fire!

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 05:06:03 -0800, Icono Clast
wrote:

memiki wrote:
[In 1961] methinks most, if not all, insurance companies covering
BelAir property stipulated in order to be covered the homes had to
be rebuilt on the same property....so there was not much of a
choice. I don't know if this policy is still in effect

Let's hope not.

Those who suffered loss who are not permitted to rebuild will lose
the value of their lot. The lot might be worth nothing today but
could've been worth a fortune yesterday. 'Tis truly a tragedy.

On the other hand, it is hard to feel a great deal of sympathy
for those who build on the banks of rivers and lose their shirts
when the river floods, and it is hard to feel sorry for those who
build wooden houses on hillsides of the type that have a long
history of catching fire. In either case any fool should know
that it is a case of not "if", but "when".