Old October 16th, 2003, 04:04 PM

Default Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:58:02 +1000, "traveller"
wrote:

hmmm, advertising. Being paid to?

No.
I subscribe to several different airlines' email updates and post here
to let others know that they are available. Unless you subscribe to
these, you are not aware when they come up. I post here to let
people know they are available.

Over the years, I have come to know of several people who have seen
specials posted to the board [and not always by me] and who have
decided to take advantage of them - many are those who lurk in the
background 'sitting on the fence' about going down under but when
they see a special come up, they go for it! As you probably are
aware, downunder airfares from the US are one of, if not the, most
expensive you can get!
Currently, I could purchase four tickets from LAX to London for the
price of one of the cheaper economy tickets from LAX to Australia or
NZ.

Usually, when one airline drops their prices/runs specials, the other
quickly follows suit. When I receive an email from the other [in
this case it would be Air NZ] I post that as well.

FYI, no-one can obtain a commission from web only fares!
Many airlines in the US no longer pay commissions hence the traveller
has to pay often between US$25 and $75 fee to the travel agent!

I do not hold a current State et al licence so cannot work for
commission or payment.

I receive up to 50 plus emails a day from sources within the airline &
travel industries. Most are about Australia travel & tourism but
I rarely post any of those due to the more limited nature of them.

FYI, Qantas is doing a good number of tieing up the Australian-US
service and is currently preventing Singapore Airlines from expanding.
So who suffers from this - the persons who want to travel.
There is a whole different side to the Australian travel & toursim
industry that the general public are not aware of!

Cath