Old August 15th, 2006, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Hatunen

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

On 14 Aug 2006 18:00:35 -0700, "Tchiowa"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 04:14:55 -0700, "Tchiowa"
wrote:

Balkanized is a term that came into common use during the 1990s when
Yugoslavia came apart and the Balkans erupted into war. Balkanized
means that the area has been chopped up into small independent
political entities based on mutual hatred.

You must be young to think the word "Balkanized" came into common
use in the 1990s.

Sorry, but while it may have been used in some circles, *common* usage
didn't happen until the Balkans came apart rather violently in the 90s.

Kind of like the rest of Europe.

Or did you think that all those nations formed by some kind of magic?

THOSE nations were formed in the aftermath of WW1,

Amazing. No Germany or France or England or Italy or Spain or Portugal
or Ireland prior to WWI. All the history books must be wrong.

I didn't know Germany, France, Englnd, Italy and Spain were
Balkan countries. (Please see paragraph above starting
"Balkanized is a term ...")

However, I do see an ambiguity there further down, so I'll await
clarification.