Old September 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
mike

Default Fast drying "crew" socks for washing in sink?

What can I buy (U.S.) that will dry quicker than regular 100% cotton
"crew socks" (go up to somewhere between the ankle and the knee"? Will
be washing socks in sinks with camp soap, and the cotton ones I have
take forever to dry. "Dress socks" are thinner, but I hate the feel--
and hiking socks are too bulky to pack. I do wear hiking shoes, but
not "hiking socks" (just the crew socks I mentioned, and those work
just fine).

Any advice on materials or specific brands? Preferably something I can
buy at a U.S. retail store like Dick's Sporting Goods, REI, Walmart,
Target, or other chain stores.

Trying to pack as light and as non-bulky as possible; and things that
dry quickly helps considerably.

Thanks very much.

Mike