Old December 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default Baldwin dust-up sparks debate about electronics on planes

Sancho Panza wrote:

So leave the passengers alone if they want to play with their
electronic toys while seated.

Despite your shortsightedness, the F.A.A. requires the airline
and crew to enforce its rules or face penalties and other sanctions.
You are misdirecting your complaint.

So you're falling back on the "I was just following orders" argument.

The jews and pows who were about to be executed were shortsighted when
they misdirected their complaint about not wanting to be killed to their
executioners instead of the policy makers eh?

The blacks who couldn't sit in the front of the bus were also
shortsighted when they voiced their frustration to the bus drivers
instead of the inaccessible politicians and policy-makers I suppose.

Did it ever occur to you that change, liberty or freedom doesn't always
happen if you wait around for the policy makers to show up so you can
talk to them?

Who are these nameless, faceless policy makers that tell us that we
can't use an iPad on a plane any time we want?

Why do the pilots and crew fear these policy makers, and blindly follow
their orders? ALL their orders?