Old June 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ohioguy

Default passport needed or not for Caribbean cruise?

My wife was getting on me about getting a passport. I've never
needed one before, because when I went to Canada you still didn't need
one, and most of my travel is inside the US.

http://cruises.about.com/cs/official...t/passport.htm

At first I read the above article, which has no date but is still
"dated", evidently, because it said no passport is needed for cruises to
the Caribbean. It mentioned a "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative" or
somesuch card, which I guess has now been replaced with a "US Passport
Card".

Anybody ever used a "US Passport Card" ?? It is unlikely that I'll
be flying to another country, so that would probably be fine with me.