Old March 24th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Traveller

Default Heathrow Hotels?

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

A better option may be to pay to use one of the private lounges
at Heathrow. The Servisair lounge can be used for a fee of
around £16 per person

http://www.executivelounges.com/

I'd second this advice. The lounges are, by and large, relatively
comfortable, have complimentary bars if you like to have a drink or ten
before your flight (I know I do), have smoking areas (increasingly rare at
UK airports), and flight information screens (they sometimes also call your
flight - ask when you arrive). There are numerous websites where you can
book your lounge access - also see www.baa.co.uk/heathrow as BAA Advance
have reasonable prices for the lounges.

If you travel frequently, you may want to consider getting a Priority Pass
card - I have one and it gets me into most lounges in most airports,
regardless of the airline or class of service I am travelling - see
www.prioritypass.com . I'm not associated with them etc.etc.. just think
it's a good scheme.