Old September 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
proffsl

Default Driver Licensing not about highway safety

"Alohacyberian" wrote:
"proffsl" wrote in message

Driver Licensing serves no purpose for highway safety that laws
against endangerment did not already serve, and instead only
serves fiscal greed.

I don't agree, but, driver licensing is here to stay. Might as well get
used to it.

With an attitude like that, it's sure to prolong it's life. BUT,
nothing is here to stay. We live in a world where everthing comes to
an end. Get use to it. And, in the mean time, get use to the idea of
standing up for your Rights.

If it were fiscal greed, it would cost a couple hundred dollars
to get a license.

Driver Licensing. License Plates. Tickets for not wearing a seat belt.
Auto inspections. Mandatory Liability (how do you think insurance
companies got that pushed through, if not by shoving money into
somebody's pocket?)

In addition to fiscal greed, it's also about fiscal exertion of
"authority" over citizens, as if we are their subjects.

License information also helps solve a lot of crimes,

We are not obligated to sacrifice our Rights in order to make the
police's job easire. Fact it, the job of the police is to secure our
Rights.

offer identification

There are pleanty of non-mandatory methods of proving one's identity,
if one feels the urge to do so.

and let others know that the people with the licenses
had to provide some proof that they were somewhat
competent to drive motor vehicles.

We do not OWE it to the public to prove we are unlikely to endanger
others before being allowed to exercise something that is our Right.

"[The Individual] owes nothing to the public so long as he does not
trespass upon their rights." -- Hale vs. Hinkel, 201 US 43, 74-75 -
http://laws.findlaw.com/us/201/43.html#74

Driver licensing does nothing for highway safety that laws against
endangerment didn't already serve. Virtually everybody who tries,
successfully gets a driver license. Those who end up taking it twice,
usually falied their first attempt not because of an inability to
drive safely, but rather due to confusing questions. Virtually
everybody over the age of 12 CAN drive a car safely. The question is
WILL they drive safely, and driver licensing CAN NOT answer that
question.

Read about it at: http://proffsl.110mb.com/driver_licensing.php