Old September 25th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Dave Baker

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:57:04 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

All this makes me wonder if the security situation in KL has really
deteriorated so much...?

Presumably as you have a Malaysian wife you have been/lived her before so you
know the previous situation.

I've also been here on & off (mostly on) since 1982, and I still feel safe
doing my normal activities. I still get money from ATMs at night if
necessary. I lock my doors when i drive, but I've always done that. I put my
wallet in my front pocket when I go to Petaling Street or similar places, but
that's about it.

As someone else said - take the normal precautions & you'll be fine. I got
robbed (pickpocketed) in Paris a couple of years back after only 3 hours in
the country! :-) I'm sure they can spot the tourists a mile away.
I've never been robbed or even really had any problems in more than 17 years
in Malaysia.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.