Old December 21st, 2004, 06:45 PM
Miguel Cruz

DC. not@home wrote:
snip
My interest is
in food. Unfortunately I had three diarheas in those three weeks in
China. Good thing is I did not gain any weight.

Was it really that bad? did you eat in the street side food stalls? i'm
interested in Chinese food as well but i've not heard anyone suffer as bad
as you except those that went outside the cities & travelled in the country.
There i can understand if you caught a stomach bug & had diarrhoea.

I've eaten in the city and country, in medium-grade and downmarket
restaurants, as well as many many street stalls, and never got ill at all.

Just curious... what did you think of Beijing & Shanghainese food compared
to the ones you get outside China like in the States &/or the UK,
typically Cantonese style foods.

American Chinese food is like a completely different cuisine. If I didn't
know they wer eboth called "Chinese food" I would have assumed they were
from countries far apart. I like them both though. Give me the crappiest,
greasiest $3 Harlem wings'n'kung-pao over a $75 meal in Paris any day of the
week (not US Chinese food from the suburbs, though - that's even worse than
northern European food).

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu