Old November 6th, 2003, 03:53 PM
a.spencer3

Default Eliat, Israel

jjoyce wrote in message
om...
Anders wrote in message

Definitely the Egyptian side, avoid Israel by all means these times.

I know the risk to be caught in a terror attack exists, but I'd say
Eilat is pretty safe. But I will spend couple of days each in
Tel-Aviv, Haifa and Jerusalem though. Driving or flying seems to be
the most sensible options. I'll try to avoid buses and crowded places.
Nevertheless, there's nothing you can do in case some wacko decides to
blow himself up. But, at least, the fear terrorists want to provoke in
average people won't stop me to enjoy my holydays. F*ck'em!.

Agreed. And Eilat, although almost surrounded, is probably *very* safe.
Local Egyptian/Israeli/Jordanian relationships were excellent when I was
last there. Newcomers to Israel should check their maps, though. I've had
friends returning surprised that they could not now get to Bethlehem or
Jericho ..........
And the road I know down to Eilat (including Masada) - along the western
edge of the Dead Sea - is now in 'Palestine' isn't it? Is that still readily
open?

Surreyman