Old November 14th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Anders

Default Eliat, Israel

Dave Smith wrote:

Go Fig wrote:

The Jessica Lynch story could have been filmed in a studio. The
coverage was superb! Never mind the facts when you can make a heroine
out of an incompetent,

How exactly is she incompetent ?

It seems that the story about her valiant fight, her wounds , her bad treatment by
the Iraqis and perilous rescue was a total fabrication by the US administration.
She was in a convoy that got lost and bumbled into an ambush. She was injured when
her truck ran off the road. The Iraqi doctors tried to take good care of her and
tried to get her back to US lines, but we fired upon by US troops. She was not
shot. She was not raped. There was no need for the US troops to kick down all the
doors in the hospital. To be fair, I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry.
Even so, it is a sad comment on the administration when the only soldier in their
entire operation who billed nationally and internationally as a great hero is just
some chump in a support outfit whose demise was the result of gross incompetence in
a combat situation. She is very lucky to have survived and I don't envy her for
what she went through, but she is far from a hero. To call her a hero is an insult
to the brave deeds of those who truly are heroes.

Fact is that the Iraqis CALLED us troops and explicitly asked them to
come and collect her.

In that light it is strange that some claim they rescued here. Besides,
no real ammo was used in the action, it was just theatre from start to
end.

/Anders

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!