Old June 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Tchiowa

Default Advice re hotels in BKK please...

Miguel Cruz wrote in message ...
Tchiowa wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
Not sure what you're looking for but from what I can tell there's not much
reason to spend more than US$25/night unless you are in the market for
serious luxury.

???? Notice that he said Bangkok, not some smaller city. A fairly
cheap tourist hotel in Bangkok is $50. Luxury hotels are over $100 a
night in Bangkok.

At the moment I'm staying in the Grace Hotel on Sukhimvit Soi 3 for 930 baht
per night (about US$23). It's very clean and well-maintained, well located
(5 minutes' walk to skytrain), probably what I'd call a 3-star. I cannot
imagine what I could get for more money that would be worth the additional
expense.

I didn't say that the the additional expense would be worth it. For
some people it is, for others it isn't.

But your note said that anything over $25 a night is "serious luxury"
and that makes no sense. The Nana is more than that and it's anything
but "serious luxury". You won't get into anything that you could call
"luxury" below $100/night.