Old June 8th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Sjoerd

Default Advice re hotels in BKK please...

"Tchiowa" schreef in bericht
om...
"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Tchiowa" schreef in bericht
om...
???? Notice that he said Bangkok, not some smaller city. A fairly
cheap tourist hotel in Bangkok is $50.

Bull****. Last month, we stayed in a clean, nice twin-bed room, downtown
Bangkok, certainly 3 star hotel, large bathroom with bathtub, TV,

minibar,
safe in the room, jacuzzi on the roof of the hotel, for 980 baht (EUR

20,
USD 24) for the room per night, nice buffet breakfast included.

Which is a "cheap tourist hotel". Other "cheap tourist hotels" like
the Nana charge around 40, for example. These are lower end hotels.

For a backpacker that's a reasonable hotel. For the typical tourist
that's not.

I am not a backpacker (anymore). I don't know if we qualify as typical
tourists, but the hotel we stayed is totally adequate for a typical tourist.
Clean, fairly large room, private bath, minibar, TV, room service, what else
does a typical tourist want in a city hotel?
It is the kind of hotel room that one would pay USD 200 in New York City and
over EUR 120 in most European capitals for.

Sjoerd