Old June 9th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Manfred Aigner

Default Advice re hotels in BKK please...

Sjoerd wrote:

I am not a backpacker (anymore). I don't know if we qualify as typical
tourists, but the hotel we stayed is totally adequate for a typical tourist.
Clean, fairly large room, private bath, minibar, TV, room service, what else
does a typical tourist want in a city hotel?
It is the kind of hotel room that one would pay USD 200 in New York City and
over EUR 120 in most European capitals for.

What's the problem?
For sure there are people that think that it is not possible to get
serious luxury for 20-20US. They prefer to pay 100 for the same service,
to tell their neighbours then that they stayed in hilton or something
else ... there is no need to convince them ....

Other ones look out for more economic possibilities, get the same
service for a better price and feel happy (well, it does not sound to
good if you tell your neighbour back home that you stayed in a 20 US
hotel) ....

just my 2 cents,

Manfred

--