Old June 9th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Markku Grönroos

Default Advice re hotels in BKK please...

"ash" wrote in message
We still need the name of this hotel - PLEASE!

What do you need it for ? I suggest that he gives one or more perfect or
imperfect parameters, like partial address of the hotel, number of storeys
and lifts, main colour of the exterior, buss routes passing the hotel nearby
and so on. Others can make wild guesses about the identity of the hotel
until someone hits the target.

For instance I hired a two room "suite" last year at Baiyoke the Lower in
Pratuman with a buffet breakfast (not too good though) set at 44th floor
terrace by 24 euros a night. Okay, there were a couple of oddities: bathroom
was a lot hotter than rest of the apartment (aircon didn't reach it and
there were some funny through holes in one of the walls there) and one
couldn't go to the balcony even if there was one.

It is true that in Thailand too hotel fares vary a lot seasonally. I just
returned from Mexico and in Acapulco I hired a room by 60 dollars rack rates
starting from 170.