Old May 17th, 2010, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Seattle to Whistler

bob edwards wrote:
I have to travel from Seattle to Whistler early in July. I need to
decide whether to rent a car in Seattle and drive to Whistler or fly
to Vancouver and take the bus from the airport to Whistler.

I'd appreciate opinions. BTW, what's the approximate driving time
from Seattle to Whistler?

You can take a bus all the way. I don't know bus times, but it's not far
from Seattle to Vancouver, and Whistler is about an hour and a half north of
there. I wouldn't go to the expense of a car rental. I've taken rentals
from Washington to BC before, but on the ferry. I don't know what it's like
these days, but probably quicker and easier on public transport.

Keith