Old February 13th, 2006, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default What is the implication of not particiating with a muster drill?

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
oups.com...

I was on a HAL cruise on a Halloween week in 2004. I don't
recall the mandatory drill or roll call by cabin number. Perhaps
Halloween was an exception, huh? In Halloween costume,
the crew couldn't possibly tell who's there and who isn't. :-)

As for missing a drill...the captain and cruise line are accountable (in
the
USA) to the Coast Guard for compliance. And there are likely liability
issues involved.

That's a good point. Perhaps the country of registry of the ships
and their locations in internationnal waters have much to do with
their accountability to the USA coast guards.

-- Bob.

I was on rccl just before xmas and was standing on my balcony in my life
jacket waiting to hear the muster call in my room. I was watching a Coast
Guard cutter sitting off the port side watching the muster. I guess he was
watching me as well as I was him. The room steward came and got us and we
were checked off a list when we finally showed at muster. Some people didn't
look too happy that we were late. Had I been able to hear the call I would
have been there on time.
GaryZ