Old March 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
OZ

Default Marketing campaign sinks Cruise Critic

Yes, no arguement here Charles. They will never be sunk.
Cruise Critic is by far the largest forum and are the dominate player
in their field.

I had a falling out with them a few months ago (totally unrelated
issue), and I asked to cancel my membership. The response was "can't
do - just stop logging in and that will be fine". So it seems that I
am a member for life - and still one of the 424,694 members on the
site I will never return to.

Regardless of how many members are aggrieved by the Royal Champions
issue and decide not to come back to the site, their membership will
still increase with each new member - but I wonder how many less
ACTIVE members they have since the Champions issue reared its head?

Oz

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:41:08 -0400, Charles
wrote:

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Maybe John should go and take a look at CruiseCritic and he will see
that it is alive and doing just fine. I don't know if the Royal Champion
threads are still there or not, but I have been on a couple of the
boards and they are busy as always.

The Cruise Critic forums had 424,694 members a few minutes ago. As a
comparison the cruise web forums regarded as number 2, Cruisemates had
37966 users.