Old January 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
OurTravelGuy

Default Cheap Travel Secrets

Cheap Travel Secrets

There are two ways to save money traveling. The first way is to get
the best deals on the specific things you want. There is a limitation
to this type of approach though. If, for example, you find the lowest
price on the best hotel in Honolulu at the height of the season, you
will save money, but still have a very expensive vacation. Trying to
get exactly what you want, or what you think you want, will generally
be an expensive proposition, in travel and in life.

Be A Travel Opportunist

The other approach is to be a true opportunist. This will be difficult
for some of you, and entirely unacceptable to others. Nonetheless, the
travelers who get to travel the most, go to the widest variety of
places, learn the most and do the most, are the opportunists. This will
be true until you are so wealthy that you have no monetary limits.

The first time I went to Ecuador, I went there because it was cheap. If
it wasn't, I would have had a great time - somewhere else. The trip
lasted a month, and cost $1045, which included airfare and even the
$130 fee for a guide to take me to the top of glacier-covered Mount
Chimborazo.

How To Become An Opportunist Traveler...

Read the entire article at
http://www.ourtraveltips.com/travel/...l_secrets.html