Old December 15th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Liz

In message
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

There simply is no other choice than to do it alone or with a
hired driver. But the driver is usually more hindrance than
help, unless he is a photographer himself. I once tried to
explain sunlight angles to a driver, but it didn't work.

I've always been very lucky with my drivers in Kenya/Tanzania, then.
Even on my first trip when we had a learner driver he had the angles sussed
out. Though travelling with others is always a compromise: lots of times D.
wants to draw something he can see through a telescope: too far to
photograph. That's when I chat to the driver!

Our driver in Namibia didn't seem to have the angles for photography sussed
at all, but it was only an issue in Etosha, because everywhere else we were
out of his vehicle for photography.

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos