Old July 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Anonymous

Default DC Metro Interconnects

OK, as a long time DC Tourist, we always drive, it is much cheaper
than any
other way for 3 or 4 people. In addition we always use a "fringe"
hotel,
cheaper than downtown and no parking fee. Our current preferred
location
seem to be Tyson's Corner. There are a couple of Metro stations with
in
easy drive of the hotel complex out there. It seems to me that the
parking
is oriented towards commuters, no charge on a weekend, no pay after
10:00
pm. It is quite a long ride back out of town but it gets us off our
feet
for a while, not a bad thing after walking the Mall, etc for 6 or 7
miles
and supper.
Doug.
..
"Keith F. Lynch" wrote in message
I figured most tourists arrive by Amtrak or by plane. Union Station
and National Airport are already on the Metro. Dulles and BWI are
finally acessible by a regular city bus. BWI is also on MARC and on
Baltimore's light rail.

And the main Greyhound terminal is adjacent to Union Station.

Sure, a tourist can bring his own car to DC, if he has one. He can
also bring his own stove to a restaurant. But both are foolish
choices.

--multiplaza.nl.nu--