Old December 12th, 2005, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Trip to LAX

"Flavio Silva" wrote in message
Hi, P

Thanks for your input!

Regarding lodging I was thinking about staying in Hollywood, Santa Monica
or
maybe close to Disneyland... It has to be a safe and not too expensive
area,
though.

My kid is a 15 years old girl addiscted to Roller Coasters!

Ok! No celebrity homes. Yes to Venice Beach to see the weirdos!

Thanks again for the tips!

Flavio
"PTravel" escreveu na mensagem
om...

"Flavio Silva" wrote in message
Hi!

Thanks!

How could I forget it?!?!

What else? Should we go visit celebrities homes? Buy those maps and
all?
Chinese Theater? What else is interesting in LA?

Thanks!

Oh, boy.

Skip the celebrity homes and maps.

The Chinese Theater can be fun (snipped)There are still

number of working studios in the area but, with the exception of
Paramount
(see below), they are closed to the public and there's nothing to except
blank walls.

Skip the NBC tour. If you're interested in how film and television is
produced, make an appointment for the Burbank Studios tour and, perhaps,
Paramount's tour as well. (snipped)
If you like theme parks, you can go to Universal, but skip the studio
tour -- it's stagey, touristy and has very little to do with how movies

are
made.

Go to Venice Beach and walk (or, if you like, skate) along the boardwalk.
You'll see every conceivable weirdo and LA-type there, and it's quite

safe.

For young kids, the La Brea Tarpits can be fun -- lots of dinosaurs and
similar things.

Sniped
Incidently, you do know, don't you, that Disneyland is not in Los
Angeles.
It's in Anaheim and can be a pretty significant drive depending on the
day
of the week and the time of day. Count on a minimum of an hour to reach

it
from west LA (which is where I assume you'll be staying -- mostly
business
people stay in downtown LA, as there is little to do there after dark).

escreveu na mensagem
ups.com...
Sounds like you like theme parks so be sure and hit Universal
Studios.
You may also want to take a tour of The NBC studios.

Flavio Silva wrote:
Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to
visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Thnaks for any info!

Flavio

If your daughter enjoys roller coasters you should also consider Knotts
Berry Farm which is also in Orange County not too far from D-land.