Old August 14th, 2006, 10:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Ken wrote:
On 13 Aug 2006 09:26:48 -0700, "Larry in Berkeley"
wrote:

On my last trip, I had some instant coffee in a plastic container with
a small silver-plated spoon. One of the x-ray machines was so strong
that it melted and solidified all the coffee! Not exactly film safe!

How do you know the x-ray machine did this?

If it was the x-ray machine, maybe it was one defective one. I can
hardly believe they're all that unsafe. I've traveled with my cameras
in carryon, but my exposed film and camcorder tape in checked luggage
as there was quite a lot of it, and 35 mm 400 speed film and 8 mm
camcorder tape made the trip just fine.

Cori