Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:57 AM
mtravelkay

Default Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

Laurie Fleming wrote:

In article ,
"james_anatidae" wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer to
fly?

Air New Zealand. I've got my air miles with them (yeah I know - flying
would/could be cheaper if they didn't exist, but nevertheless it's worth
the odd upgrade), and I've never had any problems with them.

Qantas - well, some of the worst flights I've had anywhere have been
with them. Being put in non-smoking, but one row ahead of the smokers,
despite our ensuring beforehand twice that our seats would be nearer the
front

In those days, if the plane was nearly full some people had to sit just
in front of the smoking section. This wasn't something limited to one
airline. Did ANZ not exist then?