Old March 26th, 2009, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.tennis,rec.travel.australia+nz,aus.tv,aus.general
DavidW

Default I want to travel to Australia, so I have a question to Whisper (or any Australian here)

Superdave wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 04:55:47 -0700 (PDT), Josef Fritzl
wrote:
Have you stayed in the other cities I mentioned, too? I was initially
very interested in Perth.

I like Perth and Freemantle. It's my favorite place in Australia but
for Surfers Paradise. I hear that Adelaide is terrific but I've not
been there yet.

Er, who told you that Adelaide is terrific? Only someone from Adelaide would say
that.

Melbourne's Lord Mayor says that Adelaide should be shut down:
http://www.theage.com.au/national/sh...0315-8ymf.html

March 15, 2009
ADELAIDE has copped another putdown from Melbourne, with Lord Mayor Robert Doyle
saying South Australia's capital had so little going for it that the city should
be "shut down".

Adding to his critiques of other capital cities - he described Greater Brisbane
as "almost a contradiction in terms" and Sydney as a city with a wallet instead
of a heart - Cr Doyle said you could not even compare Adelaide to Melbourne, so
devoid was it of redeeming qualities.

"We should immediately commence the orderly shutdown of Adelaide," he told The
Sunday Age, marking his first 100 days as Lord Mayor.

The former state opposition leader, who has been praised for re-engaging Town
Hall in debate about the city, is asking people to be patient and realise he has
little power as Lord Mayor. "I see myself more as a catalyst, as a lever, as an
influencer," he said.