Old June 1st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Ack

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Stephen Green wrote:

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Alan Pollock" schreef in bericht

In rec.travel.usa-canada devil wrote:

But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

I don't think any country that's been to war is completely guilt-free.

In Bosnia there were local accusations of beatings, rape and the sexual

abuse

of a handicapped teenage girl by Canadian Peacekeepers. In Somalia a boy

was

tortured and killed by Canadian Peacekeepers.

And so on. There are accounts of peacekeepers of other nationalities

behaving

criminally as well (Italians, Pakistanis). All this from a couple of
google-minutes. What more would I have found in Ten minutes instead of

Three?

The difference is that in the case of the Iraq torture scandal it seems to
have been official US government policy to torture the prisoners.

Sjoerd

... and your point is what exactly?

Military doctrine holds true across armies of the world in order to extract
intallegence from POWs. Won't change!

Quite frankly if I thought that a POW had certain knowledge that would
either give me an advantage or save my troops lives .. Well I would use what
ever measures necessary!

Then ignore the americans squealing like pigs when the same treatment is
doled out to their boys